[Qgis-user] Where to download maps from?

Jim Brown jim.brownza at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 02:50:07 PST 2011

Hi all, I'm a newbie so this question has probably been asked before, sorry
about that...

When I downloaded Qgis I got the Alaska map. I'd like to do my learning on
something closer to home which is Johannesburg, South Africa. Or failing
that, the Eastern Cape as shown in some of the pix in Tim *etal'*s* *Gentle
Introduction.

Can someone point me in the right direction please? For now, your
explanation will need to be in simple terms with a bit of detail if you
don't mind ;-)

Btw, anyone in the Qgis world wanting to connect with me, my Linkedin,
Skype and BBM details are below....

Regards,

*Jim Brown*

Click here <http://za.linkedin.com/in/jimbrownza> to go to my LinkedIn page