[Qgis-user] Transparency of categorized layers

David J. Bakeman dbakeman at comcast.net
Tue Nov 15 13:20:52 PST 2011

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

>> I'll have to try that out in the Dev version, but in 1.7.1 it is not
>> possible to select multiple categorized classes,
>>
> right.
>
> a "workaround" is to use the old symbology, you have the button in the
> "style" tab of the vector properties.

Or as Brad suggested set the transparency before you categorize.
You do this by clicking on Symbol and setting any common characteristics
you want like transparency.
Then click OK and then click Classify.

I've only used transparency and setting the borders to NoPen so I can't
say others work for sure.

By the way I'm using 1.7.1Wroclaw on Fedora 14 linux.