[Qgis-user] Scale bar problem

Gerardo Jimenez gejst5 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 23 08:23:03 PST 2011

This problem is new to me, It did not happened in Quantum Gis 1.71

 loaded a couple of raster images in EPSG 32614. I Checked the layer
properties/General Tab and I can read that the CRS information is
correct. When I change the project properties/CRS tab and change from
EPSG 4326 to 32614, the scale bar do not change and shows 60,000
degrees. The same when I change the properties using the globe Icon in
the lower right corner. I tried loading a vector layer with the same crs
 (32614) and the same.

I checked my OS regional settings and they
are  comma as thousands separator and point as decimal separator. I am
using Qgis 1.72  standallone on win732bits 4gb of RAM. I tested the same
 set of data in XP and in ubuntu 11.10 and all the show the same problem

I have a Laptop with win732b 3gb of RAM and Qgis 1.71 and I do not see any problem

Any help is welcome

Gerardo Jiménez Delgado
Instituto de Investigaciones Antropológicas
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Ciudad Universitaria s/n
Coyoacan 04510
Mexico City