[Qgis-user] announcing time series plot plugin (experimental)

josef k groundwatergis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 13:18:31 PST 2011

Fellow QGIS-Users!

I just finished my first QGIS python plugin in an experimental version.

The plugin uses pyspatialite and matplotlib to load data from a sqlite
database and plot it by matplotlib plot command. The intended use is for
e.g. hydrogeologists (i.e. me) to quickly select features that corresponds
to observation wells, stream gauges or other measuring stations with data
to be plotted and then quickly (yes I am in a  hurry) have a window with
time series plot for zooming, panning and visually examine the data (I know
it is not very scientific but I do perform some serious data analysis at a
later stage...).

Anyway, the plugin is named TimeSeriesPlot, marked as experimental, and
found in QGIS User-Contributed Python Plugin Repository.
Screenshot:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1vhrFUx2OZBODQ5YjJjZjgtYzkyNC00NmQwLWFiYWQtNjkzYmE2MGY0MzY4
Instructions are found in the readme.txt file shipped with the plugin.
Download some sample sqlite data:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1vhrFUx2OZBNjExNDMwYTYtYWQzYi00YzVlLWI4M2ItNWM2NjZmYTAwNDU4
And a (silent) video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqG5B780Q04

Any feedback is appreciated!