[Qgis-user] announcing time series plot plugin (experimental)

josef k groundwatergis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 23:34:05 PST 2011

Hi Anita,
I am glad you find some use for it!
I did choose SpatiaLite since I deal with quite a lot of data from several
sites at the same time. It turned out that spaialite is a great data
container for me and my colleagues since we only have to deal with one
single (and portable) db file for each site. Furthermore, since we are
mainly hydrogeologists and for sure no db gurus, spatialite seemed lika a
much easier way to start organizing things than e.g. post-GIS.

I also hope that I (or anyone else that finds it interesting) will get time
to extend the plugin to include more ways of visualising other hydrogeo
data from the same spatialite db. Additional functions would be
stratigraphy plots (similar to ARPAT), time change visualisation  (as your
Time Manager), gesection profiling, some R statistics etc. (Could be a
lightweight alternative to the core functionality of ArcHydro GW data model
and tools.)

regards
josef