[Qgis-user] announcing time series plot plugin (experimental)

josef k groundwatergis at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 13:30:21 PST 2011

Hi Anita,

I definitely see your point that implementing other data formats may
attract other interested users and possible developers.

At the moment, the code simply sends a few simple sql-statements to the
sqlite table with time series data so for that reason there should not be
too much of a work to change data format. I guess those sql statements
could be addressed to a post-GIS database as well. The major holdback for
such a change is probably my own lack of time and lack of coding skills.

But I may try to learn som post-GIS basics some day, just that much I can
let the plugin read that data format.

It is just too bad that adding a csv table to qgis results in string values
only (or have I misunderstood?). Otherwise it might be the quick-fix to let
the plugin be useful with more widely spread data formats.

Thank you for your valuble feedback, I really appreciate it!

Best regards
Josef