[Qgis-user] Fwd: QGIS for android

Marco Bernasocchi marco at bernawebdesign.ch
Wed Nov 30 23:10:08 PST 2011

Hi All,
Finally (for android QGIS) I'm back home.
I've spent the last two weeks getting things up and running and updating
QGIS for android and its whole infrastructure.
Here the news:
- pulled QGIS master
- updated al code to the newest necessitas version
- created an installer that will download qgis for you the installer is
ment for the market, since the market seem so have troubles with big apk
(althoug I just read that google might have changed that) so when i publish
a new version of the installer, the market would notify the user of the
available update. At the moment android QGIS is alpha and so it is not on
the market. so you will just have to start the instller now and then to se
if there is a new version or to get the latest nightly.
- new "website" android.qgis.org (not fancy, but up-to-date)
- solved some bugs, discovered others :)
- sent pull request to get the android specific stuff accepted into master

What works:
- postgis (no SSL)
- shape files with numeric attributes
- spatialite
- raster
- wfs
- wms
- C++ plugins (all but Globe and Georeferencer)
- most dialogs

What doesn't:
- postgis over ssl
- shapefiles with string attributes
- right click
- gps tracking (might get founding for that soon)
- pinch zooming (zoom works like with a mouse, click=touch - drag and
release)
- stability issues
- python

so here it goes to the installer: http://android.qgis.org/qgis.apk