[Qgis-user] WMS-T printing issue

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 14:29:00 PDT 2011

Hi Freddy,

many standard WMS servers do not allow to download images bigger than a
certain size, this is the reason why there are usually no problems to
create a large size layout on screen (because it is at 72dpi) but then
it results in a blank image when printing or exporting to pdf (at high
resolutions).

Since qgis 1.7 when connecting to a WMS server you can manually set the
maximum "tile" size to be requested. This allow to overcome the server
limits.

http://www.youtube.com/faunalia#p/a/u/1/0phOQD3wTAU

This option is not available (as it does not makes sense) when the
server is recognized as a tilecache one (the layers are shown in the
"tilesets" tab).

Cheers

-- Giovanni --