[Qgis-user] Re: Mac OS X, Sextante and other plugins or the forgotten users..

gene martin.laloux at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 03:53:26 PDT 2012

The main problem is (from manual.pdf)
"SAGA algorithms can be run from SEXTANTE if you have SAGA installed in your
system and you configure SEXTANTE properly so it can find SAGA executables.
In particular, the SAGA command–line executable is needed to run SAGA
algorithms. SAGA binaries are not included with SEXTANTE, so you have to
download and install the software yourself. Please check the SAGA website at
for more information."

and no SAGA for Mac OS X (I tried to compile it but without success)

"The first thing you have to do, as we saw in the case of SAGA, is to tell
SEXTANTE where you R binaries are located. You can do so using the R folder
entry in the SEXTANTE configuration dialog. Once you have set that
parameter, you can start creating your own R scripts and executing them"
no  R folder entry

and in all the Python scripts
 if .....isWindows():
and if not -> Linux