[Qgis-user] QGIS web-client on Windows XP

P. Sydler sydlerp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 01:01:16 PDT 2012

Hi all

I have a question to the QGIS web-client using with Windows XP.

I have successfully installed QGIS on my computer (as mentioned XP). QGIS
map-server is also installed and works fine. I can post a get-capabilities
and also e get-map-request for my project which gives my the expected
results.

Now I would like to test the web-client which gives me some headache.
Unfortunately, the documentation for the web-client I found on the internet
is mostly for linux. I downloaded the web-client from the github-homepage.
I adjusted the index.xml-file in the folder "site" in such a way that a
link to my project appears in my browser when I execute the file. However,
this link leads into nowhere - a blank page appears.
When I execute the qgiswebclient.html-file nothing happens either.

So there are some question about the installation:
- Where should the folder qgis-web-client (downloaded from github) be saved
to? In what relationship does it stand to the apache-server respectively to
the QGIS-installation?
- Which files have to be adjusted in the folder qgis-web-client, so that
the client works?
- How do the path-describtions have to look like (relative paths - but to
which folder, absolute paths)?

I would already be happy if the helloworld-project would work. So I could
follow this installation and adapt it to my project.
Well, maybe someone has made some experiences. Any comments are welcome.

Thanks a lot in advance

Pascal