[Qgis-user] Failing to open a valid shp file

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 10:24:29 PDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 1:38 AM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> On Thu, 12. Apr 2012 at 18:35:10 -0700, Jeremy Dunck wrote:
>> $ ulimit
>> unlimited
>
> There are several limits.  What does the mac ulimit show by default?
> On Linux I'd do `ulimit -n` for the open file limit or `ulimit -a` for all.
> Not sure if it's the same on OS X.

Good point:

$ ulimit -a
core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) unlimited
open files                      (-n) 2560
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 1
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
max user processes              (-u) 709

Still, I think William is on the right path - the launchd does appear
to be the enforcer.