[Qgis-user] SVG Fill

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Aug 16 07:25:57 PDT 2012

> supplied symbols, I'm not convinced QGIS could symbolise them neatly
> anyway without tweaking the SVG itself (i.e. there's no way to
> specify
> distance between symbols for instance).

 The patterns, by definition, don't have spacing between the tiles,
 because patterns should provide seamless tiling. However, you can
 specify the tile size.

 If you want spacing between symbols, you could use the point pattern
 fill editor where you can also use SVG point markers and provide spacing
 and displacement. This requires QGIS 1.8, I believe.

 Andreas

 --
 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A