[Qgis-user] Raster data aggregation in Polygons

Dietrich Heintz dheintz at gmx.net
Sun Dec 2 02:43:24 PST 2012

Hi all,
I have a raster with landuse classification from Modis and would like
to aggregate the hectarage of each class within administrative boundaries.

Is there a tool in QGIS or Grass that aggregates the percentual coverage
of each (landuse) class within each feature of the shape directly from
the raster?

At the moment I polygonize and intersect, but it turned out to be very
time consuming,
due to the processing.

If someone has a useful idea or solution I would be very much pleased.

Dieter