[Qgis-user] Novice trying to join data to a map

Mayo Marriott mayomarriott at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 2 14:33:04 PST 2012

I am trying to join some data to a map so that I can create a choropleth
map.

I cannot get the Joins tab within Layer Properties to work.

So question 1 is how to I get a join to work?

As a workaround I added two columns to the layer's attribute table and typed
in the values myself.  This has worked OK.  But the rendering of the map has
changed in a peculiar way.  All the boundaries have short lines at right
angles to the boundary.

So question 2 is what's going on and how do I get rid of these 'fuzzy'
borders.

Help welcome . Mayo