[Qgis-user] How to join shapefile tables via their FIDs?

Brad Nesom gisbradokla at live.com
Mon Dec 3 08:27:14 PST 2012

actually I think you probably want the intersect command.
I don't see it in the help so.
Vector> geoprocessing tools> intersect.
Choose your point file first and the polygon layer to overlay with it.
it will append all attributes from the polygon layer to the point layer.
Then you can join the polygon layer to the point layer with the primary key
you create.