[Qgis-user] error loading shp to postgis through db manager

Pietro Rossin pierigis at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 08:22:35 PST 2012

Hello
every time I try to import shp files to postgis through db manager, if the
shp has a numerical field double, i get an error

Error 7
Errori nella scrittura dell'elemento:
Errore nella creazione di elementi da #0 a #0. L'errore della sorgente dati
รจ:
Errore PostGIS nell'aggiunta delle geometrie: ERROR:  numeric field overflow
DETAIL:  A field with precision 24, scale 15 must round to an absolute value
less than 10^9.

These fields often are shape lenght and area.
Often but not always, sometimes these are fields that I need to store with
the shp..
If I delete them the problem doesn't appear

Why this error?
Thanks
Pietro