[Qgis-user] Cannot add sqlite/spatialite layers to qgis (they come in as tables)

Donovan Cameron sault.don at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 12:16:12 PST 2012

As Alex suggested, converting to a v3 spatialite db was easy with the
spatialite_convert tool.

It's described on this page:
https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/libspatialite/wiki?name=switching-to-4.0

And the command I issued was:
cp spatialite.sqlite spatialite_v3.sqlite
spatialite_convert -d spatialite_v3.sqlite -v 3

Which output:
SQLite version: 3.7.12.1
SpatiaLite version: 4.0.0

DB 'aban_wells_v3.sqlite'
converting from Version=4 to Version=3
        * converted: spatial_ref_sys
        * converted: geometry_columns
        * converted: virts_geometry_columns
        * converted: views_geometry_columns
        * converted: SpatialIndex
        * converted: triggers
        * converted: Extra-Stuff
        * converted: MetaData views
        DB-file succesfully converted !!!

And now both QGIS and spatialite_gis can load those layers from the DB.