[Qgis-user] Kernel Analyses in QGIS

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Dec 19 07:28:31 PST 2012

Hi all.
Following the stimulus by Marco, we have set up a bid for fix:

http://www.bidforfix.com/p/animove/

Briefly, the idea is simple:

- a developer is available to do the work
- interested people subscribe to the bid, promising various amounts (yes, even one
euro counts)
- when the total is reached, work starts
- when finished, users check the results
- if positive, they pay the promised amount.

Quite simple, people-to-people, no admin overhead.

Of course the aim of this work is not to replace the excellent and *far* more
comprehensive adehabitat R module, but only to make it easy for users to run kernel
and restricted MCP analyses on their point data, overcoming the current problems, and
without the need to install additional software, setting PATHs, etc.

If this first test is successful, more functions can be added.
Do not hesitate asking if you need additional info.

All the best, and thanks for your cooperation.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu