[Qgis-user] Composer right click menu

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Feb 7 00:09:03 PST 2012

 Hi,

 I agree with Micha. Borders shouldn't be on by default.

 The right click context menu is ok with me as long as there is another
 way to access the same functionality. Some platforms do not easily
 support right-click context menus (such as Android, or crippled Macs
 with just one mouse button). Maybe Marco B. can find a way to support
 right click through a long-click.

 Ok to the idea with "Item as template".

 Nathan - thanks a lot for your work!

 Andreas

 On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 09:54:30 +0200, Micha Silver wrote:
> On 02/07/2012 09:41 AM, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Playing around with some ideas I have for the print composer and I
>> was thinking it might be handy to add a right click context menu.for
>> items. Nothing in the menus would be context menu only stuff mainly
>> just shortcuts to existing functions. Stuff like:
>>
>> * Align
>> * Group
>> * Ungroup
>> * Lock
>
>  Remove/Show border ??
>
>  I find myself almost always removing the (default) border for nearly
> every item that can have a border. I was considering to request that
> borders be *off* by default. A right click menu entry would certainly
> help for this.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Micha
>
>> I have also had ideas for a menu item called "Save Item as
>> Template..." which will save the settings of the selected composer
>> item out which you can then do a "Load Item From Template.." which
>> will load the settings back again. Could be handy if you have a
>> legend that you use on different composers, but can't really use a
>> full template for as you already have other stuff on the composer.
>>
>> Thoughts? Yay or Nay?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Nathan
>> This mail was received via Mail-SeCure System.

>> This mail was received via Mail-SeCure System.
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] mailto:Qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org

 Andreas Neumann