[Qgis-user] Composer right click menu

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Feb 9 02:04:16 PST 2012

 Hi,

>> The right click context menu is ok with me as long as there is
>> another way
>> to access the same functionality. Some platforms do not easily
>> support
>> right-click context menus (such as Android, or crippled Macs with
>> just one
>> mouse button). Maybe Marco B. can find a way to support right click
>> through
>> a long-click.
>>

> Doesnt fn-click or alt-click or similar provide a right click on one
> button macs?

 yes - that's true. But in my experience the majority of the Mac users
 do not know about it. But its their problem. GIS users are usually more
 computer literate and would buy a three button mouse or know about the
 above trick.

 The real problem is with android. I think Marco B. is working on a
 long-click solution for right-clicks.

 I personally like context menues and use them a lot. I was just saying
 that there should always be an alternative to the right-click (e.g. menu
 or shortcut). I am not discouraging the use of context menus.

 Andreas

 --
 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A