[Qgis-user] How Do I Change default Read Only status of layers in QGIS?

Lee muellerl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 05:42:06 PST 2012

In the "digitizing toolbar" there is a button which appears to be a blue
magic marker or pencil. Hovering over the button reveals the text "toggle
editing". With the layer of interest selected, click on this button.
Editing will be enabled for that layer.

Is this what you needed? or were you asking about a different type of
read-only status?

--
all the best,
Lee