[Qgis-user] GML2/GML3 encoding in WPS input (WPS plugin 0.6.16)

Augusttown anakintang at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 22:25:38 PST 2012

Hi folks,

I am using the QGIS WPS plugin to consume one WPS process. One of the input
parameter type is defined as below in process description:

<ComplexData>
    <Default>
        <Format>
	    <MimeType>text/xml</MimeType>
	    <Encoding>UTF-8</Encoding>
	    <Schema>http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.1.1/base/gml.xsd</Schema>
	</Format>
    </Default>
</ComplexData>

So I selected one feature from a shapefile layer as input and execute the
process, and in the Execute request WPS plugin sends I captured following
GML as complexData
<gml:featureMember>
    <ogr:qt_temp fid="F1">
    <ogr:geometryProperty>
        <gml:Point>
<gml:coordinates>-13629600.1153,4547314.1181999967</gml:coordinates>
        </gml:Point>
    </ogr:geometryProperty>
    </ogr:qt_temp>
</gml:featureMember>
Obviously the input feature is encoded as GML2, so I wonder why the input
feature is encoded as GML2 instead of GML3? Is it a limitation of QGIS/WPS
plugin or did I miss anything.

I do notice that WPS plugin can successfully parse GML3 for some other
process that output GML3, so how I can configure it to make WPS client
encode input features as GML3?

Thanks