[Qgis-user] Question regarding QgsVectorFileWriter output GML3

Augusttown anakintang at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 09:34:10 PST 2012

Hi folks,

I post a question regarding WPS plugin encoding features in GML2 instead of
GML3 in  request, see
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/GML2-GML3-encoding-in-WPS-input-WPS-plugin-0-6-16-td4382424.html.

The feedback I got back from Horst, is that: The plugin uses the QGIS class
QgsVectorFileWriter() based on the OGR library to generate GML output and he
can't see any options to decide between GML2 and GML3.

So here is the question: does QGIS/QgsVectorFileWriter() support encoding
GML3? I kind of heard GML3 is only partially supported in OGR 1.8 which is
what QgsVectorFileWriter() relies on.

Thanks,
Yingqi