[Qgis-user] Problems with qgis-python and php5-mapscript

Andrea.Z a_zanotti at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 14 08:11:28 PST 2012

Hi,

I recently switched to Ubuntu 10.04 and I am having some problems. In fact,
I noticed a strange incompatibility between qgis-python and php5-mapscript
libraries. I need both libraries; the first one is essential for QGIS
plugins; the second one for some other programs (like Ka-map). Actually, I
can use both programs separately, but I realized that, when I install a
library, the other one disappears; so, every time I want to switch program,
I have to reinstall his library. It's quite an annoying problem, and I
cannot understand the reason because when I worked on other Ubuntu releases,
even more recent, I never had this kind of problems.

Thank you,

Andrea