[Qgis-user] Mac OSX - ImportError: No module named gdal

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Feb 16 10:51:25 PST 2012

On Feb 16, 2012, at 9:59 AM, dpan wrote:

> William Kyngesburye wrote
>>
>> Very puzzling, the installer should have made it python2.6.  Did you
>> change something after installing, or did you copy from a Lion Mac?
>>

> Not 100% sure as this was some months ago, but I believe the only tinkering
> I've done post-install was what you recommended here:
> http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/python-error-in-opening-td4129208.html#a4129212
> http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/python-error-in-opening-td4129208.html#a4129212

Should not be related.

> William Kyngesburye wrote
>>
>> Try deleting the GDAL framework: /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework and
>> reinstalling, then check that head again.
>>
> Now it says
> head: /Programs/gdal_polygonize.py: No such file or directory

head -n 1 /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Programs/gdal_polygonize.py

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro