[Qgis-user] CSV and Spatialite

Gerhardus Geldenhuis gerhardus.geldenhuis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 11:38:46 PST 2012

Hi
I am doing this in drip and draps which is why my questions have a little
bit of repeat in them... hopefully I can finalise my map work this time.

I have created a SpatiaLite database and then using the QSpatiaLite plugin
have managed to successfully import my csv file as a table into the
database.

When I now try to add a new spatialite layer I can only see the test01
table that I had to create in order to create the database. The csv file
that I have imported using the plugin is not visible. I believe this is
because it does not have the right fields. To make it easy all my data is
points, so how do I convert my imported table into a compatible table that
I will be able to see in QGIS when I am adding a new spatialite layer and
connecting to my db?

As a next question... I have created a view on the testtable and was
expecting it to show up as an additional table to select from when trying
to create a new spatialite layer. The view is however not showing up, why
is this? My logic is that I would rather create different views and have
the different spatialite layers connect to the various "views". The
alternative is to just run a custom query in the QGIS interface for  each
spatialite layer that connect to the database so the difference being that
the "filter/view" is in QGIS rather than in the spatialite db.

Regards

--
Gerhardus Geldenhuis