[Qgis-user] pre-formatting KML output in QGIS or other options

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 18:19:31 PST 2012

Not entirely a QGIS question but closely related.  I have a data layer
that is regularly updated in QGIS.  This layer will then be converted
to KML as an overlay in a static webmap (google or openlayers).
Importing to KML is straightforward in QGIS. (Select Layer,
righy-click "Save as").  However, I want to pre-format the styling of
the KML to:

1. Change KML styling (fill and outline) according to a specified
attribute column in the data.
2. Change display formatting of popup box.  I.e. a column for the
popup box name.  Other attributes as hyperlinks, bullet points and
image links.

There was a C+ plugin before that do the styling [0].  Is it updated
for qgis 1.7 as a python plugin?  Maybe others have some text munging
scripts to edit the kml, care to share?

[0]http://gis-lab.info/qa/qgis2google-eng.html

--
cheers,