[Qgis-user] G_realloc error

Tilottama Ghosh waggymaggy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 04:35:29 PST 2012

Hi Ivan,

How would I convert the data to 64 bit binaries? The whole dataset is about
1.19 GB. I tried creating 1km2 grids for only one fourth portion of the
dataset but it ran out of memory then too. What is the best way of solving
this problem? I am basically trying to overlay 1km2 grid covering the
expanse of India. I have tried several methods now, but it always seems to
run out of memory and I get the G_REALLOC error! There must be a way of
solving this. How can I reduce the size of the dataset or increase the
memory? I am still looking for a solution. Any help will be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,

Tilo