[Qgis-user] points to paths plug-in

M.E.Dodd m.e.dodd at open.ac.uk
Fri Jan 20 00:31:47 PST 2012

A very nice plug-in.  However I wonder if it could be adapted slightly to produce maps like http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=469716398919.  It seems two things would be needed, first using great circle arcs, but more importantly having a slightly modified version of the data input to the plugin.  At present the data input is ideal for drawing lines to make paths which is just what the plugin is for, to adapt things to draw these pairs of points it is possible with this same data input format but it means one of the points needs to be duplicated multiple times to form each pair - perhaps not a problem if data in database but very awkward and taking up a very large amount of space if you are just reading in a simple text file.  I am not sure if this also relates to the 'one to many' recent discussion.   Basically the plugin could have two options, one as it is now and then a second option to draw connections between multiple locations based on two index columns rather than the one column that they currently have, this should avoid having to repeatedly give the locations in pairs.