[Qgis-user] Images as style

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Jan 23 05:09:07 PST 2012

 Hi,

 Do you want tiled patterns or a single image on the Centroid?

 Yes - it is possible by using an SVG file. New Symbology --> SVG fill
 (for tiled patterns) or centroid fill.

 This way you can use any vector or raster graphic you want. Be sure to
 properly import your jpg file into the SVG (embed rather than link your
 file). You can do this in Inkscape or Illustrator.

 Depending of the nature of your fill it would be useful to recreate the
 patterns as proper vector elements such that it scales nicely.

 Hope this helps?

 Andreas

 On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 12:56:07 +0100, Giacomo Fontanelli wrote:
> Hi everybody
> is it possible to use images (jpg) as fill in a polygonal shapefile,
> for example: I'd like to put different pictures upon different
> polygons in my shapefile instead of different colors.
> Thanx

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)