[Qgis-user] from qgis project to geotiff

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Jan 25 00:19:14 PST 2012

Hi All,

what is supposed to be the best practice if I have a fully styled qgis
project (say 10 vector(!) layers, with a lot of styling) to put that in
a GeoTiff.

To be more precise: somebody created a very nice visual map from vector
data (about 20x20km) and wants to put a geotiff of it for download
online. Not a screenshot, but a rather high resolution geotiff.

Any thoughts about the best way to do this? I had a short look into
gdal_rasterize but that does not take any (preferably QGIS-)styling into
account.

TIA,

Richard Duivenvoorde