[Qgis-user] qgis slow adding a catalog from gdalbuildvrt.

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 02:13:38 PST 2012

Hi,

I create a huge catalog using gdalbuildvrt.
The raster are on a remote shared folder.

after I create the catalog, I try to add the catalog to my qgis canvas
using the
add raster option.
Please note that I have the setting "do not visualize a new layer added",
to avoid lost more time to visualize every single raster of the catalogue.

But however qgis take many time to add the catalog to canvas.

I don't know why it take all this time.
Perhaps it try to open every single raster listed in the catalog to get the
bbox from it ?
Is this a know issue ?

thx,

--