[Qgis-user] one edit form for a set of objects

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Jan 31 07:01:33 PST 2012

Hi List,

does somebody have a clever idea (or hopefully show me QGIS
functionality which I'm not aware of) for the following:

- I have a shape with buildings
- for every building I have 10 new attributes which are empty/false
- I want to select 15 buildings at once, and give them all the same set
of values for those 10 attributes

The ideal scenario:
- select 15 buildings in one way or another
- get a normal form, tick/fill all values in that form
- automagically all 15 buildings have exact the same value set
(overriding the older values)

I'm aware of some work-arounds:
- given a selection, work with attribute table and field calculator
Not working:
- the 'Reuse last entered attribute values' in the Digitizing tab. These
only work for new entered objects (which is logical actually)...

TFYH

Richard Duivenvoorde