[Qgis-user] Svar: Re: Qgis crashes frequently when digitizing streams over WMS images

Lene Fischer lfi at life.ku.dk
Thu Jun 7 05:12:31 PDT 2012

Hi
Now I have made better dianostics. It is the Snapping-tool which make
the difference. If I digitize without snapping, there are no problems.
If I use snapping AND ex. move the element then it all crash.

I´ll upload a more detailed exploniation later  - after lessons today.

Otherwise we have had a great day today with nice maps and great
entuthiasm!!!!
STUDENTS ARE GREAT!!!

Regards
Lene Fischer

>>> Giovanni Manghi  07-06-12 12:14 >>>
Hi,

> I am sorry that you are having these problems, there are fewer things
> as frustrating as having software crash with no apparent reason when
> you depend on it.

this issue is baffling me, I have seen it happen (or it has been
reported to me) on Vista/Seven home/professional machines, but once the
very same project/data (and very same operations) is used on my Seven
Ultimate machine, then no crashes. I even asked to the same users to
test their projects on my machine and again no crashes. I don't know if
it is just "luck" or an important detail.

cheers!

-- Giovanni --