[Qgis-user] large vector data files

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Thu Jun 14 02:22:08 PDT 2012

Hi Detlev

There is also an option to refresh the display after a number of
features has been rendered (Settings->Options->Rendering->Number of
features to draw before updating the display). Like that, it is easier
to see the progress and you may stop the current rendering with the
'esc' key.

Regards,
Marco

Am 14.06.2012 11:12, schrieb Detlev Finke:

> Hello there,
>
> I have to handle large vector data files like shapefiles with 2 GB.
> The performance from QGIS becomes very low in this case. Is there a
> possibility to improve this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Detlev Finke

Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Sourcepole -  Linux&  Open Source Solutions