[Qgis-user] otb plug in qgis

Giuseppe Amatulli giuseppe.amatulli at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:27:19 PDT 2012

Ciao
I have some trouble in getting OTB plunging working in qgis.
I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 (gdal 1.9) and i install all the otb modules from

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/otb/orfeotoolbox-nightly/ubuntu precise main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/otb/orfeotoolbox-nightly/ubuntu precise main

apt-get install  libotb libotb3-dev monteverdi otbapp-legacy
otbapp-common otbapp-cli
otbapp-fltk otbapp-qt otbapp otb-bin-common otb-bin otb-bin-qt
python-otb libotb3.13

if i start qgis
during the qgis-opening
i get

Could not find the Python bindings for OrfeoToolbox, which are
required to run the this module

Couldn't load plugin otb due an error when calling its classFactory() method
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/qgis/utils.py", line 164, in startPlugin
plugins[packageName] = package.classFactory(iface)
File "/home/user/.qgis//python/plugins/otb/__init__.py", line 59, in
classFactory

even if i set

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/otb
export PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/otb/python:$PYTHONPATH
export ITK_AUTOLOAD_PATH=/usr/lib/otb/applications/

end then open
qgis
i get during the precessing modules open

An error has occurred while executing Python code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/user/.qgis//python/plugins/processingmanager/__init__.py",
line 71, in populateMenu
    self.panel = Panel(self._iface)
  File "/home/user/.qgis//python/plugins/processingmanager/panel.py",
line 61, in __init__

The precessing modules contain saga and other modules but not otb.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

--
Giuseppe Amatulli