[Qgis-user] qGIS 1.8 Vector Points in Polygon function?

Chavoux Luyt chavoux at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 17:28:46 PDT 2012

Hi guys

I recently upgraded qGIS to version 1.8 in order to run the points in
polygon analysis (see e.g.
http://qgis.spatialthoughts.com/2012/02/tutorial-spatial-analysis-points-in.html).
I used to have qGIS 1.7.0 installed which did not have this function
in
my installation (on Mepis 11 : Debian squeeze based). But I cannot find it
in the new version of qGIS either? What do I need to do for this kind of
analysis? (I want to use a text value of the polygon to update a text
column in all the points within that polygon). Or should I just use GRASS
for this kind of analysis? (Both are points and polygon are .shp files).
(On this I have another question... but that is a separate issue).

Thanks
Chavoux