[Qgis-user] GRASS plugin

Chavoux Luyt chavoux at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 17:42:19 PDT 2012

Hi guys

Running Debian Squeeze (Mepis 11), I have installed qGIS 1.8 . I also have
GRASS 6.4.2-1 installed. However, I cannot install qgis-plugin-grass (any
version), because it is dependent on GRASS 6.4.0 . Is there any way to get
the plugin working with the newer version of GRASS? Is it useful to have
this plugin at all, or should I just import the .shp files into GRASS and
do everything from there? I used GRASS a long time ago and remember that it
was quite a steep learning curve, but very powerful once I knew how
everything fit together.

Thanks again
Chavoux