Re: [Qgis-user] PostGIS database creation wizzard

cavallini@faunalia.it cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Mar 3 20:53:25 PST 2012

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osm2pgsql ?

http://faunalia.it/pc
Sent from mobile, sorry for being short

----- Reply message -----
Da: "mick" <bareman at tpg.com.au>
A: "qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org" <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>
Oggetto: [Qgis-user] PostGIS database creation wizzard
Data: dom, mar 4, 2012 05:26

I'm having a devil of a time getting my head around creating database to store parts of the open street map dataset.

I wish to store some of the elements (relating to the landscape and the Roman occupation of Britain with the possibility of adding other periods) and only relevant tag values.

Is there a wizzard that can help with this task or a genius who could develop one.

My thoughts on the process are:

scan the .osm file and create a list of keys that have been used

present the list of keys for inclusion or exclusion

produce code to create the table(s) according to the selections above

create a process to import the file.

I have no idea how much effort this would take or how universal this kind of tool would be. If it is too much work and/or too specific a few hints might get me going.

mick