[Qgis-user] qgis vs grass

Jake Maier j.m at jmforestry.com
Sat Mar 10 15:35:51 PST 2012

Thanks Noli,
That was exactly the advice I was hoping for.
I write forest management plan, and work with some biologists on Natural
Resources Inventories. I provide the mapping with a bit forestry consulting
as a sideline.
So I want to show drainage maps  or vegetation maps (airphotos or topomaps
overlain with different shaded polygons).
One important future goal is to show particular stands depending on
information in the database. I also was hoping grass may provide better ways
to calculate area. I need English system, acres. I think that is not
provided in QGIS.

Jake