[Qgis-user] Re: QGIS Farm application

Walter Ludwick wludwick at mac.com
Wed Mar 14 09:51:19 PDT 2012

Sounds like excellent advice, Carlo, and just what i needed to know to move forward on this -thanks very much!

Spatialite is a new one on me -tho i'm a fan of SQLite and have always wished that this were the native format of OO Base (so one doesn't have to diddle with ODBC drivers etc*), so i have downloaded it and am working on the install now (ran into a little snag, i.e.:

computer:~ walt$ /Applications/sqlitegeo-macosx-universal-1.0a/SQLiteGeo ; exit;dyld: Library not loaded: ./libSQLite.1.0a.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/sqlitegeo-macosx-universal-1.0a/SQLiteGeo
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5
logout

…but i expect to get this sorted and be cooking with gas soon (tho i am quite inept at this unix-y stuff, i am actually quite comfortable with SQL :)

*PS:  This may be off-topic for list (if so, feel free to email me), but i do wonder why you say "using Spatialite/SQLite is advisable for OpenOffice too"?
(/me likes to share data across several computers via DropBox -only possible single portable files- but that's just me, i always thought :)

/w