[Qgis-user] Combined Layer Opacity

Charlie Crowther Charlie.Crowther at energyline.ltd.uk
Thu Mar 15 08:56:19 PDT 2012

Hi,

I will try and explain my query as simplistically as possible.

Basically, I have some landscape data split into 5 aspects (e.g.
cultural heritage, visual and sensory etc) with each aspect being shown
as a separate layer. Within each aspect/layer there are areas (of
differing sizes) that have been scored based on set criteria. What I am
hoping to show is a map with all five aspects/layers which overlay one
another and in effect add the scores so that areas of high combined
scores are darker and lower scores lighter. Using a graduated styling
(of scores calculated) with a 50% transparency seemed to work but when I
changed the Layer order the colouring/opacity kept changing.

I think the following explains what I'm trying to
achieve...http://www.georeference.org/doc/layer_opacity.htm (see
paragraph headed 'Combined Layer Opacity').

A friend recommends using the MCE Lite plugin as he believes I am trying
to carry out a multi-criteria analysis or the raster calculator to
basically add different raster to each other to come up with a score to
reflect all of the combined aspects.

Any suggestions welcomed. Would appreciate a step by step guide on any
suggestions.

Many thanks.

Charlie

Charles Crowther  BSc (Hons) MSc
Environmentalist
Energyline Ltd, York House, 9 York Place, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
HG5 0AD

Tel: 01423 799950

Fax: 01423 799958

This email and any attachments contain proprietary information some or
all of which may be legally privileged, commercially confidential or
protected by copyright.  It is for the intended recipient only.  If you
are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited.   Energyline is a limited company registered in
England and Wales, registration number 4362423.