[Qgis-user] Re: Spatialite data portability

Carlo A. Bertelli (Charta s.r.l.) bertelli at charta.acme.com
Fri Mar 16 00:42:17 PDT 2012

Tyler is right, if you look at the create statement of your table
(".schema TABLENAME" in sqlite3 cli) you will understand the error:
any operation on spatialite tables besides select need the spatialite
library. Just look at loadable extensions in SQLite wiki
(http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=LoadableExtensions).
But I think this problem is tied to another one: are you sure you
really need to touch your geometric tables to manage things? I suggest
to analyse your database (yes, despite the fact that SQLite is a
database on a file, it does need some ER analysis) and separate
business data from geometry. You could do anything you want on tables
which are not tied to spatialite user functions and create geometric
views to show your data in QGis.