[Qgis-user] Re: ecw problems

Ramon AndiƱach custard at westnet.com.au
Thu Mar 29 01:40:30 PDT 2012

That's the version where my ecw started behaving completely properly again, although I had it running in -4.

A couple of things to check which might help. (or might not, I've been wrong a lot this week!)

You're using the OSGeo installer right?
It should have kicked you along to GDAL 1.9. If it hasn't there's some other bigger problem.

Does your qgis.bat have the GDAL plugins path defined? [1],[2]
It will have been over-written, and might have been lost.

Do you have gdal_ECW_JP2ECW.dll in bin/gdalplugins/1.9?
If not, make sure that the ECW SDK dlls are where your computer can find them (in the search PATH somewhere) and try reinstalling the gdal-ecw package.

-ramon.

[1] Something like : SET GDAL_DRIVER_PATH=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\bin\gdalplugins\1.9
[2] this used to be in the .bat files, could it be included again?