[Qgis-user] Re: Closure of forum, one month on.

Nick Hopton nhopton at gmail.com
Thu May 3 01:45:29 PDT 2012

In the last month of its existence about 130 new topics were created on the
forum. It appears that during the same period about 54 new topics tagged
'QGIS' were created on Stack Exchange (SE) GIS. It is of course obvious that
there has been an increase in QGIS questions on SE following the closure of
the forum, but I think it is unlikely that all, or possibly even most, of
the people who used to post on the forum have shifted to SE. However, for
obvious reasons there can be no firm evidence to support this proposition;
usage statistics are not enough.

I wish it well and I'm sure that QGIS at SE will suit many of the more
experienced QGIS users very nicely, but I'm also sure it will also put off
many newcomers and less experienced users who need a friendly place of first
contact where they can ask their questions. But that's enough, I seem to be
a lone voice in this discussion so I won't push things any further.

Nick.