[Qgis-user] R example scripts in QGIS Sextante Toolbox: complains about SAGA

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Mon May 7 05:03:28 PDT 2012

> Executing "R CMD BATCH" in the shell produces nothing on my system (ubuntu
> with R including its development packages). Asking for the exit code of the
> command with "echo $?" I get "1" meaning failure.

I guess that this trick was not a good one to test if R is intalled,
since I expected the output to be the same in linux and windows (my
fault for not checking it). Maybe R --version is a best one.

> Do I need to have SAGA to run R-Scripts via SEXTANTE?

No, they are independent (although you can combine them in SEXTANTE,
which is one of the most interesting things about it :-)) )

> cheers,
>  robert

Regards