[Qgis-user] map scale

Jake Maier j.m at jmforestry.com
Tue May 8 12:40:53 PDT 2012

Please I'm having a hard time with the scale in print manager.

I use UTM as datum but would like to print my maps in Miles and feet.

I changed the /settings/options/map tools to feet, but that did not change
anything in the print master

There I tried 1609.344 in the segment size but I would need 0.3048 in the
units per bar unit and I can only define 2 decimal places here and therefore
I get 5364.48 feet as the scale display.

I'm not sure if I'm describing my problem very clear, but in short I'd like
to use NAD83/UTM zone 19N as CRS but feet and miles for the scale bar. How
can I best do that.

Who could please help me with this.

Thanks

Jake