[Qgis-user] Re: Default QGIS template for Windows users

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Fri May 11 01:14:51 PDT 2012

Not all, or lets better say, nearly no Windows user really knows what the
registry is and what to do there without crashing the system, so answers
like "look in the registry" are not really helpful!

The disappearance of toolbars is a quite common problem in qgis.
I found
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/toolbars-which-are-moved-are-away-td4476255.html
where is said, that you have to remove
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QuantumGIS\qgis\UI\state
in the registry.
When you restart qgis, the key is written again with the default state,
and all toolbars are visible again.