[Qgis-user] Re: QGis 1.7.4 possible bug with PostgreSQL/Postgis manual integer primary key?

fork forkandwait at gmail.com
Tue May 15 08:18:31 PDT 2012

F T <oukile at ...> writes:

> But when the feature is created with QGis, it takes the next max value of the
field and not the spécified value...

I would try creating a table with a primary key that draws from a sequence (see
CREATE SEQUENCE), and see if QGIS uses that appropriately.  If not, that's a
bug. But I think the behavior you describe makes sense if QGIS is just trying to
pick something that works for a new row without any other information.

I may not be understanding what you expect the edit in attribute table to do,
though.