[Qgis-user] (no subject)

Gerardo Jimenez gejst5 at hotmail.com
Wed May 23 19:31:47 PDT 2012

Hi
I am facing something weird with the interpolation plug-in:
I was trying to interpolate a contour shape with Tin interpolation as points. When I tried to do it in 64 bits Os'es (win 7 and Vista both with 8gb of RAM, Qgis 1.74 stand allone installer) the process hangs up at 27% of the triangulation process. I do not have any kind of screen error or similar feedback, just Qgis hanging up. I tried running Qgis as an administrator, No luck at all.
I tried in my laptop with win 7 32 bits and in 20 different computers with the same OS (I was teaching how to use this tool) and Qgis finished the interpolation!!
In all the machines I used the same file with the same parameters (32 and 64 bits os), shape is about 80 mb. All machines have same version of Qgis...
I would appreciate any hint on what is going on.
Thanks before hand

Gerardo Jiménez Delgado
Instituto de Investigaciones Antropológicas
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Ciudad Universitaria s/n
Coyoacan 04510
Mexico City